OATMEAL BANANA BLENDER PANCAKES
Here is another classic pancake flavor with oatmeal and bananas for those looking for a healthier version of these breakfast favorites.
This super simple recipe can be prepared in a blender and it provides extra protein and fiber (great for gut health!) compared to regular pancakes.
This version is also flourless so you can make them gluten free too – all you need is a gluten-free oat version like Bob’s Red Mill Rolled Oats.
You can also use dairy-free milk instead of regular milk to get rid of dairy too.
Experiment with various plant-based milks – such as coconut, hazelnut or even cashew – for an extra flavor twist. I use a small amount of Greek yogurt for extra fluff but this can be left out.
How to Make Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
Let’s look at the easy steps to follow if you wanna surprise the kids with these easy pancakes in the morning.
Decide if you wanna make the pancakes free-from anything – again, gluten free and/or dairy free versions can easily be made. For a protein-rich option, replace ½ cup of oatmeal with whey protein powder. Collect the ingredients accordingly.
Blend all the dry ingredients - oats, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda – in a mixing bowl. Make sure they are evenly mixed.
Put all the other ingredients into a Vitamix blender and blend until smooth. Add the dry mix and keep blending until the oats are broken into small pieces.
Prepare your pancake griddle by spraying it with oil or adding a little grass-fed butter to the middle. Heat it up to medium heat.
I like to use an ice cream scoop for the batter, but you can also use one of your measuring cups to scoop an even amount of batter onto the pan.
Flatten it to make sure it's evenly spread. Repeat the process for multiple pancakes if you have enough room on your griddle for more than one.
Cook the pancakes until you see bubbles forming on the top. Flip them over and cook the other side until evenly brown.
*We select and review all products independently, based on our opinion and customer feedback. Some links on this page are affiliate links and if you make a purchase we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. You can read more info on our disclaimer page.
Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats can be gluten-free
- 1 cup milk can also use unsweetened almond, hazelnut or cashew milk
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt can leave it out for dairy-free version
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium bananas or 1 very large one
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- chopped walnuts
- In a glass or stainless steel bowl, combine the oats, salt,cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda until evenly mixed.
- Blend the milk, bananas, yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract andhoney in a Vitamix blender until smooth.
- Heat a pancake griddle or nonstick pan to medium heat.
- Spray the griddle lightly with cooking spray or melt a tbsp butter in the middle.
- Spoon 1/4 cup - or 1 ice cream scoop - pancake batter ontopan and lightly flatten with spoon or measuring cup so that pancakes cookevenly.
- Cook on one side until bubbles form on the top and then flipand cook until pancake is evenly brown.